Compass Church Wired

Monday, February 13, 2006

Sunday Recap [from 2/12/06]

Great day, yesterday as we continued the series, "Love Revisited." We took a deeper look at our hearts, and how they can affect everything we do. Pastor Johnny taught about this using principles from the Bible to give us a "heart check" for healthy relationships.

The "Sunday Rewind Podcast" of yesterday's message will be up shortly. Feel free to use the following to talk more about the message or share it with someone else, this week!

"Heart Check: For Healthy Relationships"
Presented by Pastor Johnny Leckie, Compass Church, 2-10-06 | www.compasswired.com

1. Guard Your Heart.

Proverbs 4:23
23 Above all else, guard your heart, for it affects everything you do. (Hebrew: for from it flow the springs of life.)- NLT

• Don’t Be Ruled By It.

Jeremiah 17:9-10
9 "The human heart is most deceitful and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is? 10 But I know! I, the LORD, search all hearts and examine secret motives. I give all people their due rewards, according to what their actions deserve." – NLT

[God wants us to follow Him, not our heart. Our heart is not dependable all by itself.]

++ This is where Pastor Johnny unveiled the infamous "pink shirt" he received from Pastor Ben Arment of History Church.

• Don’t Be Foolish With It.

Matthew 7:6
6 "Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces. –NIV

Psalm 109:22
22 For I am poor and needy, and my heart is wounded within me. - NIV

2. Train Your Heart to Love.

1 Corinthians 13:1-3
1 If I could speak in any language in heaven or on earth but didn't love others, I would only be making meaningless noise like a loud gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I knew all the mysteries of the future and knew everything about everything, but didn't love others, what good would I be? And if I had the gift of faith so that I could speak to a mountain and make it move, without love I would be no good to anybody. 3 If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn't love others, I would be of no value whatsoever. – NLT

Colossians 3:14
14 And the most important piece of clothing you must wear is love. Love is what binds us all together in perfect harmony. – NLT

Some Characteristics of Love:

1 Corinthians 13:4a
4 Love is patient and kind. – NLT

• Love Is Patient.

Colossians 1:11
11 We also pray that you will be strengthened with his glorious power so that you will have all the patience and endurance you need. May you be filled with joy, - NLT

• Love Is Kind.

Ephesians 4:31-32
31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of malicious behavior. 32 Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you. -NLT

• Real Love Is Found In Jesus.

1 John 3:16
16 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. – NIV

Isaiah 1:18
18 "Come now, let us argue this out," says the LORD. "No matter how deep the stain of your sins, I can remove it. I can make you as clean as freshly fallen snow. Even if you are stained as red as crimson, I can make you as white as wool. – NLT

Psalm 51:7
7 Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. - NLT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home